Friday, October 25, 2013

Who?

Throughout my life, I have been called a lot of things; girl, smart, black, thick, sweet, Mommy, friend, sis, "A"; the list could go on and on. However, I have been thinking lately what do I call myself. When you look in  the mirror, who do you really see? Is the reflection all you imagined it would be? I think back on times in my life when I hated the person looking back at me. She was never good enough, she was never pretty enough, she was never enough. I used to question my mom, asking if I was adopted. I have never fit quite in. I never was a member of any clique. I would hang with the nerds and in the same day be with the thugs. I am still that way. I speak to everyone and can relate to almost anyone. I have an amazing ability to relate to a person on their individual level. I am somewhat of an enigma, even to those who have known me all my natural life. One of my sisters once said "Andre'a can talk all day and never really say anything" and she was right. I have a natural ability to hold secrets and information close to my chest. But, again who am I?
I have come to the conclusion that I am who I want to be at any given time. I am Mommy to my beautiful children, a comedianne to those who need a laugh. I am daughter to my mom. I am sister to Teliska, Tasha, Derik, and Wayne, as well as my other siblings. I am Bae to Jamala. I am Babygirl to my Poppy. I am "cuz" to Pep. I am friend to my girls (and dudes). I am woman to the world. I am a fighter to the struggles to this life. I am a survivor to the trials and tribulations. I am a citizen in this world in which we live. I am. I am. I just am.



Peace & Blessings,

Andre'a

No comments:

Post a Comment