Thursday, October 10, 2013

Season Is Changing and So Am I

I thoroughly enjoy when the weather begins to cool off and winter begins to beckon. It may be my imagination but I feel I have more clarity in the brisk mornings of fall and winter than in the stagnation of summer and the pollen-laden spring. I will be focusing on transforming my life in the remaining months of 2013. Materialism and procrastination have become old associates and have been replaced by self-reflection and minimalism. I can see things more clearly now. We waste so much time and energy on things that are essentially insignificant. I am getting older and with that comes the realization of how quickly time passes as well as our lives. I am choosing to stretch myself beyond what I believed to be my level of potential. I am challenging myself to be a better Andre' a. It is not without pain and at times doing so much of reflection brings a feeling of regret. I often think back on the missed opportunities, the wasted time, the self abuse that I have willingly participated in so long. However, we learn life lessons in reverse; we cannot learn unless we navigate through a given situation. I have intentionally purposed to take a long look at myself in the mirror. At times I do not like what I see but mostly I do. I am still living, I am still breathing, I am still here. And as long as I am here, I have another opportunity to improve and to become who I was destined to be, as do you. Time out for dreams unfilled and stagnation. Progression and change have become my closest comrades. As the great Audre Lorde once said "I am deliberate and afraid of nothing." My choices at this time in my life are deliberate and I do not live in fear anymore. I am living.

Peace & Blessings,
Andre'a


No comments:

Post a Comment