Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Unexpected Surprises

Life, as you know,is a peculiar thing. There are times of intense pleasure, intense pain, euphoria, despair, even mundane moments in which nothing of any particular excitement is occuring. I have come to find pleasure in the simplicities of life. There is beauty in the most unlikely places: sky at sunset, the twinkle in a child's eye, the warmth of an embrace. Poetry, music, dance, theater, conversation, literature are all things that are able to penetrate and stimulate my mind, body, and spirit.
As those close to me know, I love to exercise. I love to run or walk, listen to my music, and work on being a better me. The crispness (or stagnation in summer) of the air, the wind through my locs, the feeling of the concrete beneath my running shoes--there is nothing quite like it. It is during these times of solitude, I am able to center my thoughts and further analyze the richness of life.
There are people that will enrich your life if you will open your mind and allow the transfer. I have come to understand that people are much more than meets the eye and even more than popular opinion. The old adage "never judge a book by its cover" is so surprisingly true. And even though it is very human to prejudge, let us free ourselves from the prison of pre-belief and pre-judgment. Life is good and although our world is wrought with violence, wars, and ugliness--life still is good. I believe that we are all good, at our core, though our actions may say otherwise. Love one another, be happy, enjoy life. Time passes so quickly, be fulfilled in the one you have.

Peace & Blessings,
Andre'a

No comments:

Post a Comment