Monday, December 23, 2013

Enjoy Your Life


Have you ever come to the realization that you are not over a particular thing in your life, whether it was a traumatic experience, a bad breakup, or the loss of a loved one? I personally have had my share of bad experiences, much like anyone else. But, what I have realized it that some of these things greatly affect me today, as much as it did when it happened. It may be something that someone says to you or the way they treat you that leads you back into that dark place of pain. How do you release the pain? How do you truly move forward? Well, first of all, you have to admit that it happened and that it affected you. Then, you must allow yourself to “feel” the emotions related to the event.  I did not allow myself to feel. I worked myself into a frenzy and refused to cry. I placed myself into a prison of sorts; impervious to the raw pain, not allowing myself to feel weak. And lastly, we must continue to live. We should savor each moment of our lives. Allow ourselves to love. Embrace change in our lives. Experiencing new things in our lives, no matter how small, is enriching. The older I become, the more I relish life. Life is good.

 

Peace & Blessings,

Andréa

No comments:

Post a Comment