Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013! It's Been Real!


Wow, it’s hard to believe that today is the last day of the year 2013. This morning as I stood waiting for the bus to go to work, I began to think back on the year and how much has changed in my life and our world has changed over the past year. I think back to the emotional mess I was this time last year. I am so much stronger and resilient than I ever imagined I could be. I won my first 5K race this past year (no easy feat!). I changed careers. I moved to a new city. I became a published journalist. I stopped focusing on what I am and more on who I am. 2013 was a year of me becoming radical in my actions as well as my thoughts--less talk, more action. I learned to savor life, not just in being but in doing. Each experience, whether bad or good, should be embraced. Experiences shape your character. We should use them as tools to become who the Creator has made us to be. I have been blessed by the love I seen on the faces of new brides and grooms, new family members (blessed Prince Amir), and by the many children of friends, near and far. I have gotten to see friends accomplish great things, grow as individuals, come into their own, become business owners, and share pearls of wisdom that I use each day. Thanks to you all. My life is more enriched by you all.  In regards to my children, they have really grown over the past year. They are amazing and I am blessed to be their mother. This year is ending on a positive note. I can see things more clearly now than ever before. I am more grateful than I ever have been. I could go on and on with the many things that the Most High has done for me, my family, as well as all of those connected to me. I used to pray that my reach would be extended and God is doing that each day. Through writing, reading, speaking, praying, my outreach into the world continues to grow and strengthen. More things are to come for 2014. I have an intense feeling of anticipation…….I feel greatness arriving.

“Change your mind and change your life.”

 

Peace & Blessing,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment