Saturday, September 13, 2014

Where in the World?

I have been thinking a lot lately about what my place is in this world. I have always that we who are here, are here for a purpose. No life is created and brought forth in the world in vain. I also believe that each of us has a specific purpose in the world and we owe it to the world to bring forth our gift. So, what is my contribution to the world? What am I here to accomplish? I believe that it is not one single thing but rather a succession of gifts I am to give. I know the person I am today is not who I was last year as I have grown more and I am sure I will continue to change as I allow and accept things and continue to have experiences. I am often victim of my own stubbornness to succeed and to do many different things at once. I am admittedly slightly OCD and certainly a multi-tasker by default, finding solace in work, whether things I enjoy, such as writing, and also at my place of employment.  I have determined though that at this point in time, I need to focus on my passions only. The struggle of those with “sun-kissed skin” as Mama Taye so eloquently describes us of darker complexion and also being the best writer/poetess I can possibly be. These two areas of my life bring me the greatest level of satisfaction. So, as the beloved Maya Angelou once said ““You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.”

One Love,

Andre’a “The Lioness”

No comments:

Post a Comment