Saturday, December 13, 2014

I Have Been Chosen

I realized today that maybe I am not as in control as I may believe. I am a mother, was a wife, am a writer, an entrepreneur, I am a fighter. But , how many of the roles did I truly choose? Initially, I thought my life as "Lioness" was one that I took on my own, that I had chosen as I matured in my life. But, as I sit here in reflection,  I determine that "Lioness" and the path of the Lioness chose me. I have not had a charmed life and that in itself does not make me unique. What does make me unique is that I have not allowed hard times and oppression to warp me into a bitter person with total disdain for life. I am quite the contrary. I find the silver lining in every cloud and I love people to a fault, even after having experienced so much loss and heartbreak in my own life. I now am almost obsessed with fighting against injustices in life, sometimes to a fault. But, it is always about balance. I have to take care of me as well. But the fight is never-ending, I just need to be here to fight another day.
In reflecting on my present life, I also realized that the Universe has brought certain people into my life, fighters like myself, who are my support system. They are awesome people and I am blessed beyond measure to be able to be connected with them. We are all focused on changing the lives of generations to come, one small battle at a time.
And that is why I know I was chosen for this place and position in life. Hardly any of these people are close to me in proximity and many I have never physically met, yet we are close as family could be and fiercely protective of one another. They need me and I need them--bottom line. I am "The Tru Lioness" and they respect the warrior in me. And I must live up to who she is.


Peace & Love,
Andre'a

No comments:

Post a Comment