Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Growth

This past month or two, I have had the air literally snatched from my lungs. I have uncovered some things that have rocked me to my core. I have had the truth shoved in my face in a way that was any thing other than subtle. My life as a revolutionary has taken a change and that change has caused me to experience a level of isolation I have never felt before . However, in looking over my life, I realize that I was placed in the position that I am in today by divine design. Let me explain. All my life, I have felt a disconnect from my family and those closest to me. I have never quite "fit in". I remember being about 4 or 5 years old. I was watching our old Teknika television and a commercial came across the screen about adoption. The child looked happy but she did not resemble the people who were holding her hands as the walked down the crowded New York street. I instantly felt that I must been adopted too. It would explain why I was interested in things my family cared nothing about such as art (sculpture, paintings, etc), why I felt at home with nature as though Mother Nature herself may have been my mother, why I had such a huge imagination, etc. I felt like a black sheep. So, I must be adopted. So, I went to my mother and I asked her. She laughed and said no I was not adopted. However, the feeling of not belonging never left me. In school, I talked to everyone and was never "clique-ish". It seemed I was always last to know, last to see, always off to myself. But, now I overstand that my life was designed as such. Being fully awakened to the true history of my people, my spirituality, the very root of my family, is tough. But, it is necessary. The chain is broken from my seeds going forth. They will know the whole truth. The will overstand who they really are. The basis of African consciousness goes back further than I could have ever imagined and I know it is true. It is essential that I continue to grow into my true self and do away with old ways. It is not an easy task but it is necessary. My ancestors have spoken.



One Love,
Andre'a

No comments:

Post a Comment